- Student Information During The Labour Disruption
- Academic Progress
- Thinking of Summer Enrolment?
Student Information During The Labour Disruption
While the labour disruption continues for CUPE 3903 Units 1 and 3, students continue to have the protections stated under Senate Policy on Academic Implications of Disruptions or Cessations of University Business Due to Labour Disputes. However, we trust that students choosing summer courses or resuming previously suspended courses will be fully involved in all course related activities.
Remediation options for resumed Fall/Winter 2017-2018 and Winter 2018 courses are being communicated to students by their course instructors.
Remediation for Fall/Winter 2017-2018 and Winter 2018 Undergraduate Courses
Review information about completing resumed Fall/Winter 2017-2018 and Winter 2018 courses and options for courses still suspended. This includes Course Drops as well as provisional and Assessed Grades.
(Remediation information for graduate courses is available here.)
- Financial Aid Options Explore the financial aid options available to students who have been impacted by the labour disruption. This includes the Tuition Credit Opportunity (TCO) and the additional bursary support.
- Course Status Check the status of the courses that you are currently registered in to confirm whether or not they are running as scheduled.
- Labour Updates Receive up-to-date information on/about the labour disruption. This includes information on transportation, campus services and the bargaining process.
- Senate Communications Read the official communications from the University Senate Executive Committee relating to course status, exam schedules and academic accommodation options.
- Communication to Students Review all the email communications sent to York University students since before the beginning of the labour disruption.
- Degree Progress Report Make sure you are keeping on track with your degree goals by reviewing your Degree Progress Report and contacting your Faculty Advising Office if you have any questions or concerns.
- Program Change Request If you have thought about changing your program of study, review the types of changes that are possible, the eligibility criteria, and the deadlines for changes to be effective in the Summer or Fall terms.
- Course Withdrawal
- Your Student Account Review your Student Account Online Statement each month and keep on top of payments to avoid interest charges.
- Reporting OSAP Changes Changes in your financial situation and course load can affect your OSAP funding. Make sure you have submitted any necessary OSAP change forms.
- Plan for After Graduation If this if your last term of study, you should start thinking about OSAP repayment arrangements and learn about all your options.
Thinking of Summer Enrolment?
- Summer Course Timetable The Summer 2018 term course timetable is now available online. It’s not too early to start thinking about what you might want or need to take.
- Apply for OSAP The Summer 2018 online OSAP application for continuing students will be available on March 6, 2018. Apply early to ensure you have your funds when your classes start and you avoid interest charges or penalties.
Enrol in Courses
When you’re ready to enrol in summer courses, review the online Enrolment and Registration Guide for deadlines and access to the Registration and Enrolment Module, and use the Visual Schedule Builder to build a schedule that fits with your other summer activities. Summer enrolment begins Tuesday, March 6.
- Transportation The new YorkU subway stations opened in December 2017! Learn about all the ways to get to the Keele campus and about changes that have occurred with some bus routes.