Welcome back Lions! We’ve collected some resources here to help you through the start of the Winter term.
- Settle In
- Enrol in Courses
- Take Care of Finances
- Schedule and guidelines Check your exam schedule and review the exam-taking guidelines. Any changes to scheduling will be posted on the Exam Schedule webpage.
- Deferred Standing Know what to do if you are unable to write a final exam at the scheduled time.
- Grades release Grades must be reported no later than 5 business days after the exam period. If, after this time, you are still waiting for a grade, contact your course instructor.
- Transcripts and enrolment letters In most cases you can order transcripts and enrolment verification letters online.
- Add/drop deadlines for winter term courses The deadline to enrol in a winter course without obtaining permission from the course instructor is January 17. Know all the important add/drop deadlines.
- Program Change requests If you’re thinking about requesting a change to your academic program, learn about the types of changes you can request, how to do it, and what the deadlines are.
- Student Account Online Statement Your January student account statement will include 50% of your full-year course fees + your winter-only course fees. Fees are due January 10. If you need to discuss your student account with a Financial Services representative, visit Registrarial Services on the main floor of the Bennett Centre for Student Services.
- Making payments during last week of December Please note that student account payments made between December 22 and January 2 will be processed on January 3, so you won’t see it reflected on your Student Account Statement before January 4.
- Making payment arrangements and avoiding interest charges If you applied for OSAP by York's recommended deadline of June 30, and are awaiting the receipt of funds, you will not be charged interest on overdue amounts for January.
- Confirm your continued eligibility In late December York will confirm your registration status for OSAP eligibility. Make sure you are still enrolled in the required number of credits and that you have submitted any necessary income change forms to OSAP.
- Receipt of second instalment If you had applied for OSAP by the recommended June 30 deadline and your continued eligibility is confirmed, then you should receive your second instalment in early January. If you are concerned that you may not have the funds in time for your January fee payment deadline, speak with a Financial Services rep in Registrarial Services.
- OSAP document drop-off Most of your OSAP documents can be uploaded, and using that option will speed up the processing time. If you are unable to upload documents, you can deposit them in the Drop Box located in the lobby of the Bennett Centre for Student Services.
- Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) Do not bring your MSFAA to the Bennett Centre. This document should be taken to a participating Canada Post outlet (including the one in Ink Blotz in York Lanes).
Weather + Transportation
- Weather emergencies In case of a weather-related suspension of classes or exams, information will be posted on the Weather Status webpage, through social media and through the York Safety App as soon as it is available.
- Transportation and new subway The new YorkU subway stations will be open as of December 17! Learn about all the ways to get to the Keele campus and about changes to some bus routes.