STUDENT VIRTUAL ASSISTANT NAMING CONTEST
As a result of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Student Virtual Assistant Naming Contest has been extended to May 29, 2020. We thank all students who have submitted name suggestions thus far. See Full Contest Rules
for more details.
Be on the leading edge of transformation and help name York University’s new Student Virtual Assistant . Submit your most creative idea for a chance to win a 12.9-inch iPad Pro (valued at $1,249) and one of six YU Card Top-ups worth $100 each.
Make your mark by naming the York University’s new Student Virtual Assistant – a visionary digital solution developed in collaboration with IBM. Powered of IBM Watson, the Student Virtual Assistant is transforming the student experience at York. Undergraduate students can now access 24/7/365 support to get answers and resources related to academic advising and career support, mental health and wellness resources, registrarial and financial aid services, and campus life and events information. Experience the Student Virtual Assistant on Moodle using any device, anytime, anywhere.
Contest Rules At-a-Glance:
See Full Contest Rules.
- Open to most current York University undergraduate students.
- Runs from Wednesday, February 12, 2020 to Friday, May 29, 2020.
- Submissions will be evaluated and narrowed down to a Top 3 based on originality, appropriateness, and thoughtfulness in capturing the transformational impact of the Student Virtual Assistant.
- Students, faculty and staff involved with the Student Virtual Assistant initiative will vote on their favourite name.
- The winning name will be announced during the back-to-school period in September 2020.
- The student who submits the winning name will receive a 12.9-inch 64GB retina display iPad Pro (valued at $1,249).
- All students who submit a name into the contest will be entered into a draw to win one of six YU Card “Top-Ups” worth $100 each.